Friday, September 5, 2014

That time i DIDN'T text in class......

     It wasn't Balloon Fest 86, but it was equally as hilarious. Coming to a new school my freshman year of high school was a difficult journey. I was especially nervous about making new friends and the change in academic difficulty. One of my major fears was messing up and embarrassing myself in front of the whole class, causing a teacher not to like me. The idea scared me even more when a rap song started playing on my iPad in biology. Luckily I had the edited version which saved me and I managed to stop it quickly. Thankfully the teacher didn't mind and no longer remembers the incident. But one story that scarred me for my whole high school career (not really but it could have), was in freshman year Theology with Mrs.Ashcraft.
     The class had been assigned a project to make a short bible story and present it on our iPads. Silly me forgot to turn off my message notifications prior to going up to present. While I'm looking down at my iPad, explaining one of the slides, people start to laugh. I look up at the board and of course, a message had popped up on the screen (for the record, I did not text them first). After everyone stopped laughing, I attempted to continue with my presentation and not turn red from embarrassment. But a few seconds later, surprise, another message pops up, sending the class into hysteria once again. This happens about 3 more times, to the point where even the teacher had to dry her eyes from laughing so hard. But the story doesn't end there. Because I'm such a genius, I forgot to take my iPad off the mirroring setting. Upon returning to my seat and opening my messages to yell at my friends, the class laughs once more while watching my messages open up in front of the entire class. Long story short, turn off your messages before you present ANYTHING. Lesson learned....sort of.

6 comments:

  1. I remember when this happened! I'm always so paranoid a weird text is going to pop up right as I do a presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in that class and remember! I think the funniest part was that it could have happened to anyone and many people have had it happen to them. I think it was pretty funny, you handled it well and laughed it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's never happened to me before and I wasn't there when it happened,but I will be sure to turn off my iMessages so it won't happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your story! That haven't happened to me before, but I understand how embrassed were. Especially something like that happened during the presentation would be really embarassing. It was funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'll ever forget the incident in freshmen biology when The Motto (I think thats the song that started playing) started BLASTING in front of everyone. You turned so red and were so embarrassed about it considering it was your first week at a new school. It's just one of those moments that has stuck in my mind and isn't going to go away! Then for the incident in freshman Theology I remember the next day Mrs. Ashcraft had you give her your ipad in the begining of the class for her to hold on to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when this happened because you came to me afterwards like freaking out! Haha good times in freshman year. This is a hilarious story and it's funny to see how good you have gotten at hiding your messaging!

    ReplyDelete